Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Update

I've been surviving on korean dramas and storybooks. =D

Latest Kdrama I've watched: Hong Gil Dong

Based on a fictional book about a Robin Hood in Korea, Hong Gildong, this drama is very loosely based off of that book and the time it was set in.

Hong Gil Dong was the illegitimate son of a high ranked minister. A local monk took him under his wing and taught him martial arts. Hong Gil Dong was inspired to fight for the injustice in this society that divided people into nobles and ordinary citizens whereby the former enjoyed all the privileges due solely to their birth.

The heroine, Heo Yi Nok, had just returned to Korea from China with her grandfather. They made their living by putting on shows and selling their special brand of medicine in the marketplace.

Lee Chang Hwi had been told since he was young that he was the rightful heir to the throne which had been usurped by his half brother. He had also returned from his exile in China and was plotting to overthrow the emperor.

The three got entangled in love, hate, loyalty and betrayal and only one side can win.

-http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hong_Gil_Dong



The Prince




It was a nice comedy. Laughed a lot. Hahaha.

The heroine is the kind that is typically stupid in a way that the other two heroes would naturally fall in love with her because she makes them laugh when they have dark, gloomy lives.

I liked the Prince more than Hong Gil-dong himself, probably cause I think he's more charismatic for all his dark, gloomy past. Haha. But I prefer the girl to be with Gil Dong. Haha. Weird?

Anyway, sad ending. Whats with me and all the bad endings these days. Seriously. Ok.. Its kinda up to your imagination for those who are desperately clinging on to the hope that Gil Dong and Yi Nok survived. Seeing those fire arrows, I sincerely doubt they lived. They don't show the dead bodies though. Well, Gil Dong survived when everyone thought he was dead. So... However, you know what the wise characters from books always say, "Death is the beginning of another journey". haha. And they went together. So, I guess, It was a happy ending. They were happy, for their short existence. Haha.


I didn't realise the Prince was in Beethoven Virus. Have the cd. Haven't gotten around watching it yet. Saving it for Cny. xD

You're beautiful is another I'm planning of watching. The summary sounds cliche. But yet again, I guess I complain of cliche-ness when they have a happy ending and complain at sad endings too. Lol. I prefer cliche. Anyways, this stops here.

I haven't even started on my anime's. All waiting to be watched. Haha. Gonna start La Corda D'oro too. Soon.

0 comments: